Friday, January 05, 2007

28 Weeks, No Problems, Celebrate!!!!

Friends and Family,

Most of you who have been following our story know that since day one, 28 weeks has been the biggest goal for us to get to. At 28 weeks more than 90% of babies survive, and of that 90%, 95% of those babies do very well and have no long term major complications.

Today is 28 weeks, 7 months! Our doctor found no problems this morning and four healthy babies. We want to praise our God for choosing to allow our babies to live this long. We continue to hold our babies with open hands, willing to give them back to the Lord if He chooses to take them. We are certainly not out of the woods yet, but this is a major victory and we want to celebrate this great milestone.

Where now? Well, the next goal is 30 weeks. At 30 weeks, there will be a significant increase in lung development which will make thriving after birth much easier. We continue to pray for 32 weeks for the long-term goal, but ultimately want our babies to be born when our Great Physician, God almighty, chooses for them to be born.

If you are reading this post and have not signed in to the Role Call that we did last week, please go to the message below and let us know that you are checking in on us, we would love to hear from you. We have been so encouraged this week by the overwhelming response to the role call. We are amazed at how many people God has brought to us to support us at this difficult time in our lives. You all have no idea how helpful it is to know that we are not walking this road alone. It sometimes seems as though all of you are carrying this heavy burden with us, making it much easier to endure.

Also, on a sad note, our friends, Brad and Dee, whom we go to church with, have good friends who were expecting triplets at Women’s hospital where we are going tonight. We were really looking forward to meeting these folks and have been praying for them. Well, last night, she gave birth to all three of their precious babies at 22 weeks gestation, leaving no hope of survival. I don’t want to mention their names, but please be praying for this family as they grieve the loss of their children. I cannot imagine the agony of loosing your babies at this late stage, or any stage for that matter.

We love you all, thank you so much for all of your encouragement!

Brad, Jen, and the Quad Squad

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen & Brad,
Linda and I check this site frequently and are praying for you guys and your precious boys.
We thank God for all he has done and is doing in each of your lives!! We love you!!
Bill

Anonymous said...

Have been following you from the Monoamniotic site, you are an amazing couple and your faith and love are very evident.

Keep those babies cooking and healthy and know that every minute endured in the hospital is a minute they are closer to being ready to join you. It's so worth it in the end.

I have almost 4 yr old twin boys and can't imagine the joy you will experience with FOUR boys!

Best wishes to you.

Laurie in MI

Anonymous said...

Hi Brad & Jen,
Of course we are checking your blog on a daily basis and praying for you both and the boys. As always, if you need anything, just let us know.

We love you guys and can't wait to see our nephews!

Ryan and Kristy Fallon

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! I am sitting here so amazed; I don't even know if I can type this note. God has been so good to our family. All of these comments are so encouraging to me and I'm just the aunt of these precious boys. I can't imagine how blest you must feel when you read all of these comments! WOW! I just thank the Lord for His amazing love and how He sends so much love in such incredible ways! Thanks to all of you who are out there praying for my sister and brother-in-law and for these precious four nephews! May God bless you richly!

On a lighter side, just remember, after the grandparents, I am first in line for rocking, feeding, burping, changing, spoiling, and of course, I promised to wash bottles and clothes too! I can't wait!

Hope you guys know how much I love you. We're all praying for you and asking everyone we know to pray. Our small group has been so faithful to pray for you every week and every time I see one of them, they want an update.

I'll call you soon, Jen. I hope this hospital stay isn't too tough for you. I know there is nothing like your own bed and shower.

Love you guys,

Your sister, Sandy

P.S. I am sending this on this one, because I didn't know if you would find it since I responded on the previous entry. Sorry if I goofed this; just wanted to make sure that you got my note.

Sandy said...

28 weeks is a huge milestone! My two were born at 27 weeks, 23 hours and 10 minutes! I know we were blessed to make it that far! I will be praying for you to make your next milestone. I will also be praying for Jen in the hospital, I have been there, and I know it isn't much fun!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hello Brad, Jen, and boys~

The McKenzie Team is praying for you!!! We are so excited to hear about the Boys 28th week in mommy's tummy!!!! We will continue to pray for several more weeks to be nice and warm in Mommy's tummy!!!!

God's Love from Texas,
Jonell

Anonymous said...

The Goeman Family from Carmel is praying for you. We are excited with you over this 28 week milestone. May God continue to bless you both and your four baby boys as you rest and wait on Him.
In the Faithful One,
Rob, Maureen & kids

Tina said...

Hi Jen & Brad.

I found you through the Babes in Blogland website.

I can't even imagine having twins let alone having 4 babies. To get to 28 weeks must feel like a huge milestone and I have everything crossed that you will continue on and everything goes well for the safe arrival of all 4 boys.

Tina accross the miles in Adelaide, Australia.

Emma in Canada said...

I have also come from Babes in Blogland. I am looking forward to reading about the remainder of your pregnancy. I hope the babies make it to 32 weeks!

MrsScrapDiva said...

Brad & Jen,

Sending you lots of thoughts and prayers from New Hampshire. I just found your blog today- amazing! You are truly blessed. Boys are so much fun! Best wishes to you and congratulations for making it to 28 weeks.